Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Inappropriate Teachers and Whipper Snappers

So I was in class today and my female, dainty little teacher is critiquing a student, gently of course. Then she busts out with, "Look, I'm not trying to bust your balls, but..." I immediately mutter, "I cannot believe you just said that." LOL.

I mean, this is a woman who has not the faintest clue of how to wield authority decisively or firmly. There is no question that she is not trying to bust his or anyone else's balls. Cause she's a wuss.

Most of the people in this class are children fresh outta high school. This is the class where they teach you Illustrator and Photoshop, and some of these children will never get a job with just a two year degree. But not because of a lack of strength of the degree. Rather, it would be because they need more than two years just to grow up.

One of the guys in my class is so clueless it's like listening to a 12 year old. Some of the folks are just 18. Can you believe that? I guess I should have figured this out long ago. The 45 year old in drawing class was incredulous that I did not expect such things when I started drawing class, saying, "I usually expect to be the oldest at anything I do." Yeah....but I'm only 32, so I do not yet expect this.

Today was an abstinent day, by default. But the test is yet to be passed...the wee one is not in bed yet and that is my most challenging time of day. Well, I have some great books to read and a couple movies, plus homework. I suppose I should do the homework first. :)

No comments: