Monday, November 19, 2007

So sick of this job?

I feel like there must be something wrong with me.

I've been parking wherever I felt like for a long time. Facilities finally got fed up and sent one of their security minions upstairs to let me know that should I do that again, my little grocery getter shall be unceremoniously towed. That was last week. Ok, no problem. I parked legally today. And when they sent their minion, of course I didn't get upset or persnickety with him. You break the rules, there are going to be consequences, end of story.

Sooooo everything's going swimmingly, right? My supervisor comes up to my cube this morning and mentions that she heard through the grapevine that I've been parking illegally and that it's a serious infraction and not something you want on your record here. Parking is a serious infraction? You've got to be kidding. Oh God, here we go again. It's already done and over with so I don't understand why people are still wasting energy over this. Well, you break the rules, there are going to be consequences. Have a nice day, Secretary!

Why can't I just follow the dang rules around here? Why must I always be so rebellious? I'm not special, this world doesn't revolve around me, and why can't I get that through my head?

There are no excuses for consciously breaking the rules. You cannot do so and then expect nothing to happen. But I will say that I feel much less valued here when I'm being picked on for jeans and makeup. Especially when I see Twiggy wearing an entire denim outfit today. And it's not Friday, folks.

But at the same time, I have trouble believing that I'm just somehow being picked on, even when someone out and out tells me that Napoleon just doesn't like fat people. Sometimes I think, well if there was nothing wrong with me and what I'm doing, then I would not be recieving all this attention. (Of course, the parking thing is not being picked on. Something about consequences...).

I just do not belong here, I sometimes think.

1 comment:

Deech said...

Here is hoping that your Thanksgiving went well. If you believe that you don't belong, you probably don't. No diss intented but it sometimes you already know where and when you belong.

I say, get another job. There are billions of them, contrary to popular belief.

Enjoy!

Flyinfox_SATX