Monday, September 08, 2003

today's weight loss stuff

My friend Sharon and I walked about 2 miles today during lunch. Not bad...check it out: I didn't feel a thing. My heart rate got up a little bit, but I was still able to carry on conversation.

I had a texas burger with fries for lunch. Some nice person stopped by and looks at me like, "Horrors! She's off the wagon!!!" This nice person then proceeded to go, "Wow, is that on your diet?" And I go, "It's not a diet hon. It's a lifestyle change. Moderation is the key word. I don't eat like this all the time." And then she goes, "Well, your program then." And I go, "It's not a program." Jaysus. Save me from the fucking semantics!!!!

All the while thinking, "Ummm...I've lost 120 pounds so far, dumbass, I think I know what I'm doing." Well I guess this person just thinks they have the market cornered on being healthy. You should hear her go off about organic food. Good for her. She's just trying to be helpful. And she's lost like 80 pounds doing her thing. So she knows something about it.

That's the thing...everyone has something different that works for them.

I just feel like telling those people, avoiding certain foods is not necessarily a guarantee of success...avoiding bingeing is. Changing your life, your attitude, those things are key. Eating a burger here and there won't make you fat. Eating them more often than you should will.

Ok so I've got my new athletic shoes, got my Pilates crap, plus my weights. I'm ready to exercise!!!!!

No comments: