Monday, September 08, 2003

changes in my life from my weight loss.

clothes. In my first post, I talked about my dress size going waaay down from where it was. Now at first when I started losing weight, I was all worried about how I was going to buy professional clothes and stuff...I mean, I was gonna be single now and couldn't really afford it. Then I discovered something...I was used to paying way too much for clothes because I was really fat. And retailers stick it to really fat people. A lot of times, retailers like Lane Bryant know they got ya between a rock and a hard place when it comes to finding decent clothes. Well, hey, more power to 'em...they're in business to make money. At least someone recognized there's a market for nice clothes for big chicks.

Anyhow, I discovered this: it's not that expensive to get new clothes. Wanna know why? Because someone's always having a sale. Better department stores in particular. And there's always the clearance rack. Now when you're a 26/28 or even bigger...and I was...you don't normally shop the clearance rack, chiefly because it's been picked over big time. But when you're a size 18, welllllll there's a lot of nice stuff still left on the clearance rack. :o) So I've gotten all kinds of clothes for a fraction of what I used to spend.

And oh yeah, I can shop wherever I want now!!!!

shoes. Well I used to wear a size 12 shoe. And even at Payless, the only place to find size 12 women's shoes at a decent price, the selection was crap. Total crap. I might find one pair of shoes that I wore to death per season. Sometimes per year. Anyway, now I wear an 11. That's still a big foot, but the selection is sooo much better. And pretty soon I'll be a 10.5. And then I'm off to Wal-Mart baby. :o) See, the thing was, I didn't really wear a 12...my foot was just so wide that I needed that size in order to get the width.

Also, it's easier to wear heels now. Yes, heels. :o)

personal upkeep. So my friend Shannon told me we should get makeoevers to go with my, and these are her words not mine, "new sexy body." lol. Sooo we went and had our hair cut. Now I've got a great haircut. :o)

Also, I can really reach my feet now quite easily. I've been painting my toenails and boy do they look cuter with paint on them!! I also do my fingernails. I'm just enjoying being a girl! Oh yeah, and let's not forget the makeup.

people. People treat me differently now too. Probably because I'm so much happier. Happiness attracts, folks! People love it! So don't think it's just because you're fat that people don't talk to you. Check your 'tude! Sure, there's some of that crap going around, you know...the whole discrimination bit, but that's not all of it. It takes two to tango, baby.

Yep, men are noticing. The guys around my neighborhood aren't shy about it ether. I've been asked countless times whether I'm married. So I decided to get a plain gold wedding band to keep the flies away. I was wearing something called a mystic topaz ring, but it got too big (I've now lost two ring sizes). I signed up for an online dating service and it's been working out pretty well. At the least, I have people to chat with when I'm bored. At best, I've been having fun going out. :o)

No comments: